Sunday, December 13, 2009

Something seasonal

Here's a Christmas song by the London Gay Men's Chorus about coming out to one's family. (I guess I'm easily amused.)

Enjoy.



Lyrics:
(to the tune of Hark! The Herald Angels)

I intend to drop a bomb
On my dear old dad and mom,
For this year without a doubt
Is the Chrismas I come out.

First, I'll get their full attention.
Then I'll drop a subtle mention:
"Lovely tree, and by the way
Some of my closest friends are gay."
That should do the job okay
When I come out on Christmas Day.

Oh say can you see it now--
Watch my parents have a cow.
Or perhaps if fate is kind
They'll insist that they don't mind.

Then they'll say, "We always guessed.
After all, look how you're dressed.
Seven earrings in each ear--
We're not quite that dense, my dear."
They'll adore me anyway
When I come out on Christmas Day.

Coming out to everyone
Makes the winter doldrums fun.
It's a noble thing to do,
Why don't you come on out, too?

Make a choice! Damn consequence!
Lift your voice, get off the fence,
Shout it from the highest roof,
"Gay is great, and you're the proof!"
Make this Christmas bright and gay,
Come on out on Christmas Day.


Words by Craig Sturgis, 1992

BONUS: And there's more! The Twelve Gays of Christmas (a funny and amazingly good dance routine)

2 comments:

Holly said...

I laughed, I cried,it was better than "Cats."

"Gay is great, and you're the proof!"

Thanks.

MoHoHawaii said...

Hi Holly,

I'm so glad you liked this, even though "better than 'Cats'" qualifies as faint praise. :- )

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year! Best wishes to you.

(P.S. Don't forget to check out the link to the 12 Gays. They're amazing.)