Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Coming out documentary

I watched a good documentary on public television tonight called Anyone and Everyone. It focuses mostly on religious families with gay kids, including one (impressive) LDS family. I found the stories to be believable and very touching.

The film will be broadcast on public television stations around the US this month. See here for a schedule. Recommended, especially for families and friends.

(Another documentary is being recorded right now on my DVR.... It looks good, but I haven't seen it yet. It's called Inlaws and Outlaws. It tells the courtship stories of some gay and straight couples.)

4 comments:

Abelard Enigma said...

Dang! It's not scheduled to air on our local PBS station :(

MoHoHawaii said...

Hi Abe--

This is reason enough to move.

BTW, they sell the DVD for $14 with free shipping.

spinning jenny said...

I watched Anyone and Everyone last night - wow! I'm so glad you recommended it, or I wouldn't have even known it was on. That Mormon family is incredible! The mother is so articulate- I loved every single thing she said. I think I might buy it for my family.

MoHoHawaii said...

Hi Jenny,

I'm glad you liked it. I was impressed by her as well.