Sunday, July 22, 2007

Dear Mr. Church

Sometimes I have felt as a gay Mormon that my relationship with the Church has been like a person in an abusive relationship. This post written by another blogger captures this experience. Quote:
All this time, I wanted to believe that you valued me. But you didn’t. You didn’t. How could you? I mean, who values the mat you step on to get inside the door?? It’s rare to even notice the mat, let alone dwell on its worth to you.

Until it’s suddenly gone on a rainy day.

1 comment:

Hellmut said...

It is amazing how similar the gay and female Mormon experience can be. When it comes to sexuality even white males suffer under Mormon repression.

Of course, it does not rise to the level of suffering that gays have to endure. But it shows that injustice against one of us is an injustice against all of us.